How does a music video in Korean get to the top of the US music charts and generate over 210 million views? I have no idea.
A while ago, I wrote about being tagged in the 6th photo meme. Today, I am writing a very late response about being tagged in the Five Fun Facts meme. Lynn Morton started the fun by saying "I follow him on Twitter (@mvolpe) and love what he brings to the Conversation. I also love what HubSpot does, he's their VP of Marketing."
So, here are my Five Fun Facts:
I love to golf, and I am about a 14 handicap (on a good day).
I played football in college (Division III) and was named "Burger King Scholar Athlete of the Week" in 1996 and earned a $10,000 donation for my college's scholarship fund.
I like to play around with photography.
I went on an awesome Kenya safari trip in 2008 and posted an article about Safari Photo & Camera Advice.
I lived in San Francisco for four years during the dot-com boom and crash.
Now, as far as who to tag to continue the meme... I'm going to keep it in house and just tag folks on the HubSpot marketing team: Rick Burnes, Rebecca Corliss, Prashant Kaw, and Ellie Mirman. (I will make Pamela Seiple optional since she is about to give birth any day now.)
Bloggers and social media folks like to play funny Internet games sometimes. One of these games is to "tag" people by linking to them and writing about them (most bloggers monitor their links and traffic so they will know when it happens). You'll see that my articles both today and tomorrow are responding to being tagged in this way. One reason bloggers like to play this game is it sends some traffic and links around, and helps introduce our readers to others and vice versa.
Today's response is to being tagged by Pamela Seiple in the 6th Photo Meme, where you grab the sixth photo on the sixth page of your Flickr photostream and write about it on your blog. So here goes...
This photo is from the Inbound Marketing Summit, and is a picture of Seth Godin speaking. I'm not sure it requires any more explanation than that! If you want more visually appealing photos, see my Kenya safari photos.
Now... who to tag to keep the meme going?
- Chris Penn - because I am a fan and his photo gear and skills are vastly superior to mine, and because he does a great marketing podcast with...
- John Wall - because he does Marketing Over Coffee with Chris Penn, and he is a podcasting expert x 2
- Adam Fullerton - because he is a huge fan of HubSpot TV and is a repeat member of our live studio audience
- Sooz - because she loves photography and has a higher Twitter Grade than me
- Ellie Mirman- because she is a great creative marketer and a HubSpotter
- Rick Burnes- because he is a great writer and a HubSpotter
- Prashant Kaw- because he is a great analytic marketer and a HubSpotter
Yeah, I know I tagged 7 people, but don't hate me for doing a bit extra!