We all know that Facebook is a powerful marketing tool. It is also a dangerous tool if you are not smart about how you use it, and you can make some big mistakes on Facebook.
I wrote earlier about the funny and sad "Facebook nice wand / cool wand" story - that story made #2 on a recent list of big career mistakes on Facebook. The photo is priceless!!! What a mistake!
Top Facebook Mistakes:
- Allowing too many people to see photos where you are tagged, and then having people tag you in photos where you are making mistakes
- Changing your relationship status before you talk to the person you are going to break up with
- Using your personal page as the place for your business (use a business page / fan page instead)
- Posting party pictures to Facebook that night instead of next morning
- Making the mistake of checking in at a location like the beach or a restaurant using a location based service
- Being part of a Facebook groupthat you would not want your employer to know about
- Becoming a fan of a product that you don't want people to know that you like
- Posting a status update on Facebook about hating your job, after making the mistake of being friends with your boss