We created a new video. Actually 20 of them. Four of them are in a series called Foursquare Cops. I think the first one has a lot of potential to be somewhat viral. Check it out.
Why does the Foursquare Cops video have a lot of viral marketing potential?
- Ties into an emerging trend - Foursquare is really hot right now, and there is not a ton of video content about it
- Leverages parody - Making fun of the COPS show in a satirical way
- No limits - Many companies would be scared about swearing or shooting in their videos, but on the internet bland content gets bland results
- Appeals to influencers - Doing a video about a social media topic helps attract and activate the people that are most apt to share content online
- Broad appeal - Rather than focusing on just B2B marketers, by engagding a bigger audience you can hopefully appeal more to the mainstream and drive more views
- Exciting & Funny - Good content wins
- Short - Keeping videos pretty short is usually important for success online
So far, Foursquare Cops has been a trending topic on Twitter in Boston, blogged by Mashable, and has thousands of Tweets. We will see in the next 48 hourshow big it gets...