If you are launching a new inbound marketing program for a website, there are a number of variables that determine how long it might be until you see measurable results.
- The age of your website. The older your website is, the sooner you might see results.
- The amount of content you have. If you have more content, you have a better chance of seeing results sooner.
- The number of inbound links you have. If you have more links into your website, you have a better level of authority with the search engines, and you might see results sooner.
- The competition in your market. If you have competitors that are well established online, it will take longer for you to
- The amount of effort you put in. The results you see from inbound marketing are completely based on how much time and effort you put into it. If you blog once a week and spend a bit of time in social media you'll see results, but you'll get a lot more a lot faster if you blog 3-5 times a week and spend a lot of time making friends in your industry online.
For a well established company that has a lot of inbound links and has been around for years, but never did an effective optimization of their website, they could start to see results in a matter of weeks. If on the other hand you are launching a brand new website in a competitive market, it could take 6 months to see any significant results for getting found in inbound marketing. To size up your website and your competitors' websites, use the free tool http://website.grader.com/