I decided to do a video podcast about preparing for inbound marketing to give yourself a better chance for success while I was driving to Albany, NY to give a presentation to the AMA there.
- Too many people jump into inbound marketing without the proper preparation
- Who are your customers? What is your fundamental value proposition?
- To answer these questions, talk to and interview your customers - ask them how they would describe your company and product or service
- Ask your customers where they hang out, how they learn more about their industry, what they read, how much they use discussion forums, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
All of this will help you with 3 things:
- Some good seed words for starting your keyword research for SEO purposes
- Great topics for content creation (blogging) and ways to find some other blogs to read and comment on
- Starting points for where to get involved in your social media activity that will target the highest proportion of people in your market